Sunday, March 10, 2019

The Beginning

     I've taken to enjoying quiet Sunday mornings. Listening to soft music and usually reading a book while enjoying a cup of coffee. Last Sunday, my Spouse spent the entirety of the day working on our budget. He took my bare bones budget I'd been working with for a few months and expanded it. He did this after I'd convinced him we were doing better financial than we thought we were.
   
    I was sick of looking at it by the end of the evening. I was in bed reading when he came into the bedroom with the laptop. I groaned. He promised it was good news. By the calculations done it showed by the beginning of May we'd start with over $2000 in the account. Allowing us to pay all our bills upfront-including the mortgage. And with the budget and debt snowball he's created, we're projected to get out of credit card debt by the end of this year (2019) and knocking out his student loans, being completely debt free by the end of 2020.

Most of the credit card debt is mine. $22,288.00 to be exact. A decades worth of being incredibly irresponsible with credit cards. I would get some paid off and tell myself this time could use them properly. Of course I'd end up wracking them right back up for a myriad of reasons. Not being financial sound (aka no budget), living beyond my means, and basic idiocy. Last year I had an Epiphany that I simply did not have the will power to use credit cards responsibly, not matter  how much I wanted to. So, I cut up my credit cards and tossed them in the trash.

I've chosen to do a financial over haul of my life. I'm learning to live with only the money myself and my spouse make. Work with a budget and live below our means. And of course get ourselves debt free and save for retirement, betting our lives. This is my journey on getting there. I will post updates every Sunday, Wednesday and Friday of our daily financial happenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment